I'm not usually one for "me pudding with me dinner", but I saw a few recipes with round about this idea on t'interweb, and thought I'd give it a go.. it works! The pork, mild mustard and cheese and really cut through by the bittersweetness of the grilled nectarine. The spinach was ours ... grown in the allotment. Mostly the allotment has only grown weeds this year, as every time we get a minute it pours it down, and when we've been busy it has but sunny - perfect weed growing conditions.
1. Roast potato wedges in olive oil.
2. 30 minutes later - fry pork chops on each side.
3. Steam beans and spinach.
4. Smear top of chops with dijon mustard, top with slices of brie. Put into oven dish and splosh in a half a cup of apple juice (just to stop it going dry). Put in the oven for 10 minutes while brie melts.
5. Griddle nectarine pieces.
6. Serve, scoff ... be surprisingly impressed.
(Veggie had field mushroom and onion topped with brie).