Monday, 25 September 2017
Roast dinner - veggie style
Cashew nut, quinoa and carrot nut roast
Veg oxo cube
1. Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces and roast in olive oil, for about an hour.
2. Follow the instructions on the nut roast - takes about 35 minutes.
3. Make the gravy - sweat down chopped onion and garlic. When it's soft add tomato puree, a spoonful of marmite, stock cube, water and mustard. Stir and simmer until reduced to how you like it. Make sure it's had a good 10 minutes to cook out the tomato puree.
4. Slice courgettes, mix polenta, herbs and seasoning, toss courgettes in herby mix and fry for a couple of minutes on each side. Keep wrm in the oven until everything else is done.
5. Scoff, be impressed by the shop bought nut roast... have seconds.