Pages

Monday 25 September 2017

Roast dinner - veggie style

It was Sunday, and I fancied a roast dinner, so I made one.  Well, when I say "I" I mean Lidl and I ... I don't mention may products on this blog, partly because most of the time I cook from scratch, and when I don't it's not usually worth writing about.  Don't get me wrong, convenience food has its place, but I don't like to use it all the time - I mean, if I did, I'd probably not be writing a food blog!  Anyway, we tried Lidl's cashew, quinoa and carrot nut roast - and it is very good.  I was glad that I made a gravy to go with it, because I think it needs it - but all in all - we'll be buying it again!

Potatoes
Olive oil
Cashew nut, quinoa and carrot nut roast
Onion
Garlic
Tomato ouree
Marmite
Polish mustard
Veg oxo cube
Courgette
polenta
mixed herbs
chili flakes

1.  Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces and roast in olive oil, for about an hour.
2.  Follow the instructions on the nut roast - takes about 35 minutes.
3.  Make the gravy - sweat down chopped onion and garlic.  When it's soft add tomato puree, a spoonful of marmite, stock cube, water and mustard.  Stir and simmer until reduced to how you like it.  Make sure it's had a good 10 minutes to cook out the tomato puree.
4.  Slice courgettes, mix polenta, herbs and seasoning, toss courgettes in herby mix and fry for a couple of minutes on each side.  Keep wrm in the oven until everything else is done.
5.  Scoff, be impressed by the shop bought nut roast... have seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments.

Yummly

Yum