Monday, 25 September 2017
Chickpea casserole with baked potato
Jar of chickpeas
1. Prick potatoes with a fork, rub on oliev oil, sprinkle on salt and bake for about 45 minutes.
2. Sautee chopped onion and garlic in olive oil, add fennel seeds and a pinch of chili flakes and stir in.
3. Peel and dice squash, add that, stir, slice mushrooms, add them, stir.
4. Prep the kale by removing hard stem and shred finely - add to the veg.
5. Add chopped tomatoes and about a pint of veg stock, stir and simmer until veg are done.
6. Drain and rinse a jar of chickpeas, add these to the mixture and simmer gently until the casserole has reduced a little.
7. Serve, scoff ... it was actually very tasty.