Monday, 3 February 2014
Leek, cavolo nero, pea and blue cheese risotto
1 leek, chopped and rinsed
2 stalks celery, chopped
blue cheese (rocquefort in this case)
lemon juice & black pepper
All the measurements are vague - because it's done by eye - but enough for 4 I would say - 2 small handfuls of rice and about 3/4 litre of stock.
1. Saute leeks and celery in olive oil, gently - let them go a bit soft.
2. Add rice and stir until every grain is coated in oil.
3. Add a glass of white wine and let it simmer in.
4. Add vegetable stock - a bit at a time, until rice is al dente - each time simmer and stir until it gets soaked in - then add some more (.
5. When nearly ready, add shredded cavolo nero and frozen peas, turn into risotto and leave to cook for 3-4 minutes.
6. Turn off heat, add in blobs of cheese and let them melt in. Lid on, rest.... and for another 2 minutes after that, so that it's oozy and comforting, and not watery.
7. Squeeze on lemon juice (optional), grind on black pepper (NOT optional, in my opinion).