Monday, 17 February 2014
Pasta bake with spinach and pine nut salad
fennel bulb (1/2)
macaroni (gluten free for us)
1. Sweat chopped onions, celery and chopped fennel in olive oil.
2. Add, as you chop them the mushrooms and chopped ans and crushed garlic.
3. Sprinkle in italian herbs, season and splosh in white wine.
4. Simmer for a bit, sprinkle in gram flour to create a bit of a sauce, stir in.
5. Simmer until veg are at a done-ness where they are nice to eat.
6. Meanwhile, cook pasta (in our case GF macaroni) to 1 minute before packet instructions.
7. Turn off heat under veg when there is still a little, but not watery, sauce.
8. Drain pasta, stir in, also add grated parmesan and enough yogurt to keep it all together.
9. Stick it in the oven (more cheese on the top if you have it) to bake for 20 minutes.
1. Put washed spinach leaves on a plate.
2. Toast pine nuts in a hot frying pan - don't walk away from them - just toss them for a little while, and take off the heat before they start burning.
3. You could make a dressing with oil, vinegar, seasoning and italian herbs ... but it's really not essentail
Serve - scoff - have seconds! To be brutal I would prefer more soft cheese than yogurt for the bake, cos it was a bit sharp - but I enjoyed it anyway.