Pages

Thursday 13 February 2014

Mushroom, veg and lentil curry

I'm a bit behind with updating the blog, and I'm not sure that I can remember exactly what I put in this curry, but these are the general instructions.  By the way, if you are a regular reader, please don't be put off by recent "malware" warnings - I have checked my blog, and am re-assured that there is no threat within the blog.

Anyway... this is what I think I did...

olive oil
1 leek
2 stalks of celery
carrots
spice mix
mushrooms
garlic
lentils
passata (or chopped tomatoes)
creme fraiche

brown rice

Cook rice as you normally do - I make mine in a cast iron pot, covered with water to the level of the rice plus about an inch - bring this to the boil on the hob, then cover tightly and put in a lowish oven for 20 minutes plus ... could be 3 hours, if you are chatting or generally carrying on ... brown rice takes longer than white

Curry

1.  Sautee chopped leek and celery in olive oil until a bit soft.
2.  Add chopped carrots and mushrooms, soften a bit more.
3.  Add crushed garlic and spice mix.
4.  Add a good handful of red lentils - then add water - simmer the mixture, adding more water when you need to, to stop it drying out.
5.  After about 10 minutes add passata.
6.  Keep tasting etc - I think it should take about half an hour, and the lentils are soft - turn the heat off - when it has cooled a bit add a couple of spoons of creme fraiche.

SCOFF


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave comments.

Yummly

Yum