Thursday, 13 February 2014
Mushroom, veg and lentil curry
Anyway... this is what I think I did...
2 stalks of celery
passata (or chopped tomatoes)
Cook rice as you normally do - I make mine in a cast iron pot, covered with water to the level of the rice plus about an inch - bring this to the boil on the hob, then cover tightly and put in a lowish oven for 20 minutes plus ... could be 3 hours, if you are chatting or generally carrying on ... brown rice takes longer than white
1. Sautee chopped leek and celery in olive oil until a bit soft.
2. Add chopped carrots and mushrooms, soften a bit more.
3. Add crushed garlic and spice mix.
4. Add a good handful of red lentils - then add water - simmer the mixture, adding more water when you need to, to stop it drying out.
5. After about 10 minutes add passata.
6. Keep tasting etc - I think it should take about half an hour, and the lentils are soft - turn the heat off - when it has cooled a bit add a couple of spoons of creme fraiche.