Friday, 16 January 2015
Fish and chips with peas ... cajun style (ish)
So, coming in from the train/commute like me ... you need to i - get that oven on heating up - chop the potatoes and get them on to boil. Then calm down a bit and take the next bits more slowly.
Par-boil potatoes, put olive oil in a roasting dish to heat up.
When potatoes are par-boiled, and oil heated up, drain potatoes and bung into the roating pan.
Stir them around until they have a film on every surface sprinkle with salt.
Roast for an hour or so, until crispy.
1 onion, finely chopped
dry white wine
1. Sweat down chopped onion in olive oil.
2. When a bit soft add crushed garlic, and wine.
3. Chuck in shredded cabbage, simmer until soft,
4. 5 minutes before serving chuck in frozen peas .. season ..
1. Mix polenta and cajun seasoning to taste ... in our case about 50/50 ... because it's on the outside of the fish and not HOT HOT HOT all the way through ... but the fish is nice and spicy.
2. Dredge the fish in the spice mix.
3. Shallow fry each piece - a couple of minutes each side.
4. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you do the rest.
When everything is done .. serve... scoff.