Monday, 19 January 2015
Red pepper risotto
Anyway, tonight - red pepper risottto ..
1 leek, chopped
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
5 tomatoes, grated (this removes the skins really easily and lets the pulp be integrated into the sauce)
Salt and pepper
1. Sautee chopped, washed leek in olive oil. (I had my oil a little too hot, which resulted in the few caremalised specs of black, which actually added to the taste, in my humble opinion.)
2. Chuck in diced red pepper and celery, soften a little. Add crushed garlic. stir in.
3. Add a small handful of risotto rice, turn over so every grain is coated with a film of oil and veg juices.
4. Add a splosh of dry white wine and stir in.
5. Add stock a ladle at a time, simmer, stir.
6. After about 10 minutes, add grated tomatoes and seasoning.
7. Stir and taste, adding stock when it goes a bit dry.
8. When rice is just nearly ready, turn off the heat and let the last of the liquid be sucked up into the rice.
Serve the lovely, smooth, tasty mixture with parmesan grated on top. (Vegan if you don't sprinkle parmesan on top).