Wednesday, 23 August 2017
Chinese influenced pork steak with veggie stir-fry
All ingredients from Todmorden market - Fielden's butchers, The Mediterranean Pantry, Oriental Foods and Garry the veg.
Ground nut oil
Chinese pork steaks
1. Chop all veg into small pieces, as the cooking process is quite quick.
2. In a hot wok fry spring onion, crushed garlic and finely chopped ginger in groundnut oil.
3. Add chopped veg and stir-fry.
4. Boil noodles in water.
5. In a hot pan fry the pork steaks for about 4 minutes on each side.
6. Drain the noodles.
7. To the veg add drained noodles, soy sauce, rice wine, tomato ketchup and drained kidney beans.
8. Toss the stir fry - and empty into serving bowl, top with cashew nuts.
9. Serve, scoff, water veg dodger eat 3 pork steaks ... yes 3 ... but also seconds of noodles and veg.