Sunday, 6 March 2016
Baked hake with potato and fennel gratin
This is a gorgeous meal, with every single item available from Todmorden market - every single one!
So, from The Mediterranean Pantry ...
salt and pepper
from Paul the fish
from Gary the veg
baby plum tomatoes
(If you haven't got roasting dishes or a sharp knife, they are also available from the iron mongers!)
1. Wash and thinly slice potatoes.
2. Thinly slice peeled onion and fennel.
3. Splosh a little olive oil in 2 roasting dishes.
4. Squish some garlic, mix into a few tablespoons of olive oil.
5. Arrange the sliced potato, fennel and onion in one of the dishes - season each layer, and splash in a little of the garlic oil.
6. Stick potatoes in microwave for 10 minutes, then transfer to a medium hot oven for 40 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in the other roasting dish, roast halved tomatoes.
8. After 20 minutes (ie. 20 minutes to go) add the fish to the tomatoes.
9. Serve, scoff, receive adoring praise.