Friday, 4 March 2016
Chickpea curry pie with purple sprouting broccoli
Purple sprouting broccoli.
1. Chop potatoes into quite small dice and boil.
2. Seat down onion and garlic in olive oil, add fennel and cumin seeds, and a little turmeric.
3. Peel and dice carrots and celariac, and add to onions.
4. Add chopped mushrooms to the other veg, a little stock and simmer gently.
5. The potatoes should now be done - take off the heat and drain.
6. Add a tin of drained chickpeas to the veg, with a pinch of chilli flakes, and a little more stock if it looks dry.
7. Heat the beans through, then mash slightly with a potato masher.
8. Put the "crushed" veg mix and in an oven proof dish, and tumble the potatoes on top.
9. Drizzle the top with a little olive oil and bake for about 30 minutes, until the top is beginning to turn golden brown.
10. Steam the broccoli for about 10 minutes before serving.
11. Employ photgrapher who knows what they are doing - I obvs failed at this bit...