Sunday, 27 March 2016
Sea bass, braised celery and fennel and asparagus
This takes about an hour and a half - start to finish.
1. Cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces, and put them on to boil.
2. Chop leeks, fennel and celery, crush garlic - sautee in olive oil for a few minutes, splash in a glass of white wine and simmer briefly.
3. Transfer veg to an oven proof dish, with a lid and put it in the bottom of a medium hot oven (180 C). At the same time cover the bottom of quite a bit roasting dish with olive oil, and put it in the oven to heat up.
4. Drain the potatoes, and add to the hot oil.
5. Sit about chatting for about an hour, turn the potatoes over once in the middle.
6. Heat olive oil and butter in a frying pan, and put some water on to boil, to steam the asparagus.
7. Prepare asparagus by removing the woody end.
8. Season the fish and fry the fish fillets, skin down first in the hot oil - put the asparagus in the steamer.
9. The asparagus should be ready when the fish is fried. This should be about 5-6 minutes on the skin side - and a minute or two once turned over.
10. Serve, scoff and receive fulsome praise.