Thursday, 14 July 2016
Dhal and rice, with mushroom curry.
Curry spice mix
1. Cook rice - I use the adsorption method. Rice in pot, add water to 1 inch over the surface, bring to boil, slam on the lid and turn right down. Leave for 15 minutes.
2. Dhal - boil lentils. Make the tarka right at the end.
3. For the curry sautee spring onions briefly in oil, add crushed garlic and a good pinch of spice mix, add sliced mushrooms.
4. Tarka - to hot oil in a frying pan add a few curry spices and some curry leaves, and fry briefly. Pour the hot crackling mixture straight onto the lentils.
5. Finish the mushroom curry by taking it off the heat and stirring in a tablespoon of greek yogurt.
Serve with onion bahjis