Thursday, 28 July 2016
Pasta shells with tomato, broad bean, celariac and olive sauce, with cheese
Pasta shells (gluten free for us)
Tin of tomatoes
1. Gently fry chopped onion in olive oil, add crushed garlic and a pinch of italian herbs.
2. Boil pasta.
3. Add chopped courgette, chopped celeriac and broad beans to the onion. (well, use whatever veg is lying abandoned in the fridge).
4. Add a tin of tomatoes and squish the tomatoes into the sauce.
5. Chop a few olives and stir them in too (optional - I liked them, but unfortunately not everyone did - as they bring a slight bitterness to the finished dish)
6. Drain pasta, stir into the sauce, serve with lots of grated cheese.