Saturday, 23 July 2016
Is it a moussaka? is it a cottage pie? it is tasty and filling
Pinch of chili
Small pinch of cinnamon
1. Sautee chopped onions in olive oil, add finely chopped carrots and celery and crushed garlic. Sprinkle in mixed herbs.
2. Add brown lentils and a jug of stock, simmer.
3. Slice and boil potatoes.
4. Add chopped aubergine and courgette to the lentil mixture, sprinkle in chili and cinnamon, simmer more.
5. After about 15 minutes add 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, simmer more, season to taste.
6. Drain potatoes and put into oven dish, slosh with olive oil and put in the oven to crisp up (for a bit longer than we managed to get them nice and golden.
7. Just before serving add spinach, stir it in to wilt.
8. Serve, with or without grated cheese. Scoff - return for seconds (thirds in one case).