The organic box gave a lovely bunch of vegetables this week, and the biggest carnivore was away, so we figured on a meat free meal. So, tortilla (or spanish omelette) with salad it was.
Orange infuse olive oil
eggs - lots of them
1. Chop onions and fry until soft in olive oil.
2. Cut potatoes into slices and boil.
3. Finely chop fennel and carrots, sprinkle on sesame seeds.
4. Beat together eggs, seasonned with salt and pepper, add a little water to loosen the mixture.
5. Drain the potatoes and put into a large mixing bowl, add the onions, stir gently, then pour on the eggs.
6. Tip the eggy potato mix into olive oil, in a large frying pan. Cook over a a gentle heat for a few minutes Then place in a medium oven, under a medium grill to cook the top.
7. Finish the salads by drizzling orange infused oil and balsamic onto washed lettuce leaves.
8. Slice and avocado and add to the fennel and carrot salad, squeeze on the juice of half a lime to prevent it from browning - drizzle with avocado oil.
9. Serve, scoff.