Saturday, 16 July 2016
Salmon (almost) tacos with potato wedges and coleslaw
Start with the potatoes, then gently chop stuff for the salads, make the dressing and fry the salmon ... easy peasy really. Takes about an hour from walking in the door.
1. Cut potatoes into wedges, toss in olive oil and microwave for 10-15 minutes.
2. Roast wedges until they are crisped and browned - about 30 minutes.
3. Shred cabbage, peel and grate carrot, finely chop spring onions - mix together with a good pinch of fennel seeds, the juice of a lime and a splosh of olive oil. Chuck some finely sliced radish on top.
4. Halve the avodacos, remove the stone, scoop out the flesh with a spoon, and slice into wedges. Mix with halved/quartered cherry tomatoes, spritz wiwth a little lime juice, to prevent avocado from turning brown.
5. Put nachos in the bottom of the oven, turn the potato wedges over.
6. Mix natural yogurt and a splash of hot sauce (to taste), and juice of half a lime to make the dressing.
7. Sprinkle cajun seasoning on the salmon, and pan fry in a hot pan - about 3 minutes each side.
8. Shout troops from wherever they may be, serve, scoff.