Tuesday, 5 April 2016
Quails eggs with fried rice and cumin cabbage
Some cooked rice, some frozen peas and a few spices ... ta dah!
1. Plonk some coconut oil in a frying pan and chuck in a handful of fried onions, stir, add crushed garlic.
2. Add the fried rice, and turn around until every grain of rice is lightly coated.
3. Add chopped veg - courgette in this case, and a splash of water to keep it moist.
4. About now ... tiny spoon of coconut oil in a pan - add shredded cabbage, tsp cumin seeds and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Stir. Add a half cup of water, lid on, turn the heat down.
5. Put qualis eggs into a pan with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
6. Add peas to the rice mixture ... stir in.
7. Wait 3 minutes and serve ....
Yum - if you have cooked rice this is on the table in under 20 minutes. (You can also buy cooked rice in microwavable trays - this can be used from the tray, without microwaving - from 2.)