Friday, 22 April 2016
I have made spanish omelettes many times, and, indeed, published them on here a few times - but this one was really good. The thing I did differently was to cook the veg - then beat the eggs in a big bowl - then tip the veg into the bowl - and pour it all into the frying pan together to finish it. And, most of the eggs were from our lovely little bantams. ... thanks girls!
1. Peel and chop potatoes into slices - boil for about 5 minutes in salted water.
2. Slice courgette and add to potatoes - boil for another 5 minutes.
3. Add a cup of frozen peas, turn the heat off.
4. Heat some olive oil in the bottom of a big, heavy frying pan.
5. Beat together some eggs, gently, season.
6. Drain the veg and tip into the eggs.
7. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan - on a medium heat. Fry gently for a few minutes.
8. When the edges are coming away from the sides of the pan - stick under a grill to finish the top off.
9. Turn onto a big plate.