Thursday, 7 April 2016
Turnip colcannon, with mushroom and romanesco
tuscan seasoning (available from the Mediterranean Pantry)
olive oil spread
30 minutes, start to finish.
1. Peel and chop potatoes and turnip, boil until cooked (about 15 minutes, depends how small you chop the potatoes.
2. Shred the cabbage and steam it.
3. In a good few tablespoons of olive oil, chop mushrooms and sautee. Add crushed garlic, gently cook off some more.
4. Cut florets from the romanesco, and add to the mushrooms, add a teaspoon of tuscan seasoning.
5. Make about half a pint of stock with veg bouillon and add to the mushrooms and romanesco.
6. When the potatoes and turnip are cooked mash them, with a couple of spoons of olive oil spread (or similar) - season.
7. Serve, scoff .....
And apparently, scoff again - thirds! at least!