Saturday, 14 May 2016
Baked hake with chickpeas, red pepper and courgette with crushed new potatoes
Tonight, a Spanish sort of treatment.
1. Gently sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil until a bit soft.
2. Add chopped red pepper and courgette.
3. Sprinkle in some smoked paprika, chopped oregano and add some drained chickpeas.
4. Add a splash of white wine and/or stock and simmer gently for a few minutes.
5. Transfer to an oven dish, put hake steaks on top (or other fish), drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little more paprika. Bake for about 20 minutes in a medium hot oven.
6. Meanwhile boil new potatoes.
7. When the potatoes are done, drain them, splash in a little olive oil and a small handful of chopped chives, crush with a masher. (They can be crisped up in the oven if you fancy)