Monday, 9 May 2016
Sunday roast - budget version
This is another VERY simple, but delicious dinner, and again - all available from Todmorden Market.
Roast chicken seasoning
1. Cut potatoes into bite sized pieces, boil for 10 minutes.
2. Put olive oil in 2 oven dishes - one for the potatoes, and one for the chicken.
3. Put the potato one in the oven to warm up. Put the chicken in the other, with 3 halved cloves of garlic, a sprinkle of roast chicken seasoning and a slice of lemon. Chuck it in the oven.
4. Drain the potatoes, add to the hot olive oil, and roast for 1 hour(ish).
5. Prep the veg, and then steam for the last 12 minutes of everything else cooking. When you put the veg on - have a look at the chicken - baste it with the juices.