Friday, 20 May 2016
Mushroom, spinach and tallegio paccheri
So, with tallegio, parmesan and cheddar from The Crumbly Cheese - another mediterranean triumph, all sourced from Todmorden market.
1. Put the water on to boil for the pasta, put the pasta in as soon as it comes to the boil. Turn the oven on to heat to medium.
2. In two frying pans heat olive oil - in one, sautee some onions until soft, then add garlic. This is the beginning of the tomato topping. Add chopped tomatoes (or a tin) and a small pinch of chili flakes when the onions are soft, keep over a gentle heat as the tomatoes break down.
3. In the other frying pan gently fry chopped onions, with plenty of garlic and a good grind of black pepper. Add chopped mushrooms. When they are soft, add the spinach to wilt on top.
4. Cut the rind of the tallegio, and break into pieces into the mushroom mix, stir in until it melts. Turn the heat off under both pans.
5. Drain the pasta. Allow to cool, so that you can handle it.
6. Stuff the pasta tubes with the mushroom mix and layer into an oven dish.
7. Spread the tomato sauce over the pasta. Grate over some cheddar and parmesan, and bake for 20 minutes, until the top is golden.
8. Serve with a simple salad of salad leaves tossed in extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze.