Wednesday, 25 May 2016
This, believe it or not, is a chickpea burger, aubergine and courgette bake with some new potato chips, and it was very, very tasty.
Roasted red pepper (out of a jar is just as good as home roasting)
1. Quarter or halve new potatoes (depends on the size), longways, so that they resemble chips. Toss in olive oil and put in a roasting tray in a medium hot oven for 30 minutes (approximately).
2. Slice aubergines and courgettes, toss them, in a bag, in the polenta with mixed herbs and chili.
3. Griddle the slices of aubergine and courgette, layer into an oven proof dish. Top with sliced tomato and torn basil leaves. Bake for as long as the potatoes are in.
3. Drain the chickpeas, add finely sliced red onion and a couple of roughly chopped red peppers. Mash.
4. Whisk an egg, add to chickpeas with a handful of oats and some chopped oregano, mix to bind. You could shape into burgers, and put in the fridge - but I just squished the mixture into a food ring, straight into the pan. Fry in olive oil for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Everything should be done together, so serve and scoff.