Friday, 6 May 2016
It was almost summer - so a summery dinner
Once again, all ingredients available from Tod market ... from me in the Mediterranean Pantry:-
Greek salad seasoning
Calabrian fish crust mix
From Garry the veg:-
1. Cook rice (1 cup rice, 2 cups water - bring to boil, lid on, turn right down and leave for 15 minutes).
2. At the same time boil the lentils.
3. Sautee spring onions and garlic in olive oil (quite a lot of olive oil), add a pinch of greek salad. seasoning.
4. Add chopped beans and cherry tomatoes, Stir occassionally until its all cooked through, about 12 minutes.
5. Meanwhile - put some calabrian fish crust mix in a bag - add sliced courgette. Shake until all of the pieces are coated. Fry these in a hot griddle pan, for a couple of minutes on each side.
6. Finish the rice and lentils by frying onions in olive oil, then fold the rice and drained lentils through.
7. Serve with salad leaves in a simple dressing (balsamic vinegar and olive oil for us).