Thursday, 26 May 2016
Lentil stuffed mushrooms, mash and asparagus
This was very tasty - and the self declared lentil dodger had two helpings of the lentil mixture, so I take that as validation.
It takes about 40 minutes, start to finish.
Turn the oven on to medium high, about 180 - then start with the lentils and peeling the potatoes.
1. Put the lentils on to simmer.
2. Peel the potatoes and boil - about 12-15 minutes.
3. Slash the caps of the portobello mushrooms lightly, put them on a baking tray drizzled with olive oil, roast for about 15-20 minutes.
4. Gently fry the red pepper, crushed garlic, chopped button mushrooms a pich of mixed herbs and a smallish pinch of chili flakes.
5. When the veg are a bit soft add a little vegetable stock, and simmer. When the lentils are done, stir them in with a teaspoon of good mustard.
6. When the potatoes are done mash, adding soya spread to taste. Put in an oven dish in the top of the oven to get a crispy top.
7. Turn over the mushrooms, top with the lentil mix, return to the oven.
8. Steam the asparagus. 10 minutes later - everything is done.
9. Scoff, have seconds.