Wednesday, 15 June 2016
1. Slice and griddle the aubergine.
2. Make the tomato sauce by sautee-ing onion and garlic in olive oil, and adding a tin of chopped tomatoes, simmer to thicken.
3. Layer aubergine and tomatoes in an oven dish, top with just over half of the grated parmesan.
4. Whisk an egg and pour over the top, sprinkle on the remaining parmesan and bake for 25 minutes or so.
5. Serve with whatever - here garlic mushrooms (mushrooms, garlic, olive oil, butter, splash of brandy - covered in foil and baked for 25 minutes or so ... ie, with the parmagiana), green salad and new potatoes.