It took about 40 minutes start to finish.
1. Start the rice - I use the adsorption method - rice + water to about an inch above the rice, bring to the boil. Lid on tight and keep hot in the oven while everything else finishes off. It's quite a forgiving method, and the rice can sit there for quite a while as you sort everything else out.
2. Now for the veg casserole - sautee chopped onion, carrot and celery in olive oil. Add crushed garlic and chopped pepper, and a pinch of paprika. Sautee until veg is a bit soft, but not done - then add a tin of beans (I used turkish beans because we had them - but butter beans or haricot would also work - even good old baked beans!) - and a tin of chopped tomatoes. Simmer.
3. Fry the pork in olive oil, add a splosh of white wine (or apple juice), a spoonful of quince jelly (or apple jelly) and a squirt of american mustard. A cup of chicken stock will stop it going too dry.
4. Pan fry the haddock.
5. Stir fry shredded cabbage in hot oil and cumin.
6. Gather troops, serve, scoff.