Wednesday, 1 June 2016
1. Sautee chopped onion and garlic in olive oil, soak saffron strands in a little water.
2. Add chopped pepper, stir.
3. Add paella rice, turn around in the oil until every grain is lightly coated, then chuck in a glass of white wine.
4. Add the saffron and soaking water, and a little stock, simmer until most of the water is absorbed, then add some chopped fresh tomatoes, simmer a little more, adding more stock if necessary.
5. Chuck in mixed seafood and a handful of frozen peas, cook for 5 more minutes.
6. Turn off heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.