Thursday, 9 June 2016
Pan fried salmon with spinach and hazelnut salad and beetroot
1. The night before, ie. bunged in the oven while that dinner was being made, put scrubbed, but unpeeled beetroot in a baking pan with whole garlic cloves, and a drizzle of olive oil. Cover tightly with foil. Roast for an hour or so, until the flesh is soft to a sharp knife. Leave to cool.
2. Cut new potatoes into "chips" and place on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with salt, and bake for about 30 minutes.
3. Peel and chop the beetroot, add balsamic vinegar and toss.
4. Finely chop a red onion, crush some hazelnuts and sprinkle both onto baby spinach.
5. Pan fry the salmon, skin side first, in a hot pan - 2-3 minutes each side.