Thursday, 30 June 2016
Chicken and chorizo, spicy wedges, griddled courgette, mixed veg and allotment salad
Start with the potatoes, then the veg, then the chorizo and chicken and while that's doing wash and dress the salad.
1. Cut potatoes into wedges, put in a baking dish with olive oil and cajun seasoning, mix until evey wedge is coated - roast for about an hour.
2. Pod and skin the broad beans, be patiient, this is the faffiest bit.
3. About 20 minutes to serving. Finely chop onion, sautee gently with crushed garlic, add broad beans and chopped carrot.
4. Slice courgettes, put polenta and mixed herbs in a bag - add the courgette slices and shake until all slices are coated.
5. Add a glass of white wine to the beans and carrots, simmer gently - add water or stock if it gets dry.
6. Griddle the courgette slices in olive oil, in batches, keep them warm in the oven when done.
7. 10 minutes to serving, chop chorizo and fry, chop chicken breast into bite sized pieces and add to the chorizo. Keep it moving now and again in the pan until it's cooked.
8. Dress washed and dried salad leaves - I used garlic oil and balsamic vinegar.
9. Serve - scoff.
Actually, there was also a veggie, so I fried some haloumi for them too! Delicious. There were seconds, and thirds, and possibly even fourths - but no left overs!
All ingredients (except for the wine) available from Todmorden market. The Mediterranean Pantry, 3 fantastic butchers inside and veg outside.