Wednesday, 15 June 2016
Vegetarian sausages in onion gravy, sauteed turnip and new potatoes - with salads
The turnips are ours, from the allotment ... loud fanfare - and we had some cooked new potatoes left, so an easy sautee was the way forward.
Green salad with various of our, home grown, salad leaves - and artichoke salad from The Mediterranean Pantry.
Linda McCartney vegetarian sausages
Cooked new potatoes
Basil infused olive oil
1. Drizzle a little olive oil in an oven dish, pop in sausages and turn over so there is a thin film all over them. Bake in medium-hot oven for 20 minutes.
2. Peel and thinly slice turnips, sautee in olive oil.
3. Finely chop onion and fry in olive oil. When the onions are softish add a squitt of tomato puree and a cup of stock, made from the bouillon. Simmer to reduce a little. Add the sausages.
4. The turnips will be nearly done, so add sliced potatoes and chopped chives, toss around and keep cooking until the edges get a little golden.
5. Drizzle salad leaves with basil infused oil (or other light dressing).