BBQ ribs which are actually baked in the oven - absolutely gorgeous. Not really ideal for a mid-week dinner as they take 2 1/2 hours.
It was so worth it though, and the veg dodger had seconds of coleslaw.
Spices are available from The Mediterranean Pantry, and the ribs from Mellings butchers - superb.
Rack of ribs - pork for us
1/2 tsp each of:-
desert spoon of brown sugar
1. Heat the oven to 180.
2. Mix all the dry ingerdients and rub well into the rack of ribs - massage it is as much as you can.
3. Wrap in foil. Make sure that it is well sealed to keep in all the juiciness.
4. Bake for 2 hours - literally - just chuck it in there and do something else, ignore it for 2 full hours - make sure you get the wedges in after about an hour, though, so that it's ready at the same time.
5. Potatoes, olive oil, oven .... for the wedges.
6. Make the coleslaw by finely shredding cabbage, carrot and onion. Add salt and leave to stand for 10 minutes, then add a glug of olive oil and a blob of mayonnaise - stir, chill until everything else is ready.
7. After 2 hours, unwrap the pork ... keep it on the foil, as it gets stickier and stickier from now, and foil goes in the bin - sticky trays take ages to clean. Pop it back in the oven for 5 minutes to dry off the top a little.
8. Smother the top of the ribs in BBQ sauce, and pop back in the oven for 5 minutes ... to get that gooey glossy coating. Do this twice for a deepish layer of sticky deliciousness.
9. Serve, scoff ... remember to have lots of kitchen roll to hand!