Saturday, 6 August 2016
Salt marsh lamb, given a Greekish twist
So, Salt Marsh lamb from Bracewell's butchers - amazing quality.
Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and garlic from me.
Feta from the crumbly cheese.
Veggies from Garry outside.
Herbs from Pollination street, and our garden ...
1. Marinate the lamb in olive oil, lots of crushed garlic, fresh oregano and a splash of white wine.
2. Chop veg and roast them in olive oil for about 45 minutes.
3. Boil potatoes, drain when done, toss in olive oil and add chopped chives - crush slightly and put into the oven to crisp up a little.
4. Fry lamb on each side for a couple of minutes to brown, put into oven dish with remaining marinade, cover with foil and pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
5. Wash salad leaves and lightly dress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
6. Crumble feta, mix in olive oil and fresh herbs.
7. Serve, scoff, receive fulsome praise from gathered visitors.
The salt marsh lamb is exceptionally tender and sweet - gorgeous.