Saturday, 20 August 2016
It's Bacon Lovers Day
Equally fabulous was the cabbage from Jean from The Crumbly Cheese - OK, you can't buy them from her - this was a delicious gift from her garden ... Jean - your cabbage was amazing!
Also, potatoes and carrots available from Garry outside.
Gravy made with apple and calvados jelly from The Mediterranean Pantry - it was a feast.
1. Peel and boil potatoes.
2. Prep and steam carrots and cabbage.
3. Fry gammon on a medium heat, until it starts to colour on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
4. Mash potato, add butter and seasoning.
5. Add white wine (or cider) to gammon pan to make gravy from the juices, add a spoon of apple jelly until it melts.
6. Fry eggs for the vegetarian.
7. Serve, scoff .... groan cos you're too full to leave the table!