Wednesday, 31 August 2016
Jamaican jerk burgers, in pitta with sweetcorn
And it's also national burger day (actually it was National Burger Day on Thursday, but we caught up on Saturday, due to some mis-information).
The main Caribbean bit about this was the spicy burger (or spicy onions on veggie burger for the veggie) - but could have spiced up the sweetcorn and/or added some salsa.
1. Parboil potatoes, then drain and roast in olive oil.
2. Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, add jerk seasoning and cook through.
3. Reserve some of the spicy onions to serve with the veggie burgers, mix the rest through the mince, and form into burgers. Chill for about 20 minutes.
4. Boil sweetcorn - you may wish to serve this with spicy butter.
5. Fry or grill burgers and veggie burgers.
6. Toast pitta...
7. Serve with simple salad of mixed tomatoes.