Wednesday, 17 August 2016
Easy peasy ... made a tiny bit harder because of the current dietary requirements at Kitchen Fairies HQ ... 1 veggie ...easy red peppers stuffed with mushrooms and onions, then mozarella, tomatoes and basil. 1 meat eater, but cheese and tomato dodger. 1 meat eater and tomato dodger. 1 eats pretty much anything, but shouldn't eat cheese.
So, basically, we all had stuffed peppers, but there was some variety in the fillings.
Potato and green bean salad dressed with garlicky vinaigrette.
1. Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil, add mushrooms.
2. Prepare peppers by cutting in half and scooping out seeds and connective bits.
3. Boil potatoes, steam green beans.
4. remove veggie portion of onions mix and stuff into veggie's peppers.
5. Add steak mince, and a tiny pinch of cinnamon and chili flakes to onion and mushrooms, fry off.
6. Slice mozzarella and tomatoes, add to veggie's peppers, with a few leaves of fresh basil.
7. Stuff other peppers with appropriate collections of steak mince, mozarella, tomatoes ... Drizzle them all with olive oil, and put int the oven for 20 minutes or so.
8. Make dressing for potatoes, add crushed garlic to olive oil and balsamic - drain potatoes, add wo dressing, with beans when still warm.
9. Serve, scoff