Wednesday, 3 August 2016
Wild boar sausages in red wine
I also made a nectarine and cranberry crumble, which went down well, but I forgot to take it's pic.
Pancetta (onit for vegetarian)
Wild boar sausages (replace with veggie sausages for vegetarian)
Tin of tomatoes
1. Sautee onion, add garlic and chopped pancetta.
2. Add sausages and brown slightly on all sides.
3. Chuck in chopped mushrooms, stir about for a bit.
4. Add a glass of red wine and simmer the alcohol off.
5. Add tomatoes and stock and simmer for at least 30 minutes - will keep in the oven for much longer.
6. Meanwhile, wash and quarter new potatoes, boil.
7. Prepare and steam vegetables.
8. Drain potatoes, slosh on some olive oil, sprinkle on chopped chives and salt and pepper.
9. Serve, scoff ...