Saturday, 27 August 2016
Sea bass escovitch, with sweet potatoes
Also Friday - so the tradition in our house is fish from Paul the fish.
The idea is that you pour hot, sweet, spicy sauce over simply cooked fish ... it certainly was hot - look at all that steam.
It was the first time I have cooked anything quite like this, but the overwhelming opinion was definitely - put it on the do again list.
White balsamic vinegar
1. Peel and chop sweet potato into chunks, roast, in olive oil for about 40 minutes.
2. Thinly slice onion, julienne carrot and red pepper. Very thinly slice chili.
3. In a saucepan mix together half a cup of olive oil, and the same of vinegar. Squirt in the juice of half a lime. Chuck in vegetables and all ow to simmer for about 10 minutes until the veg are softish. A bit of crunch from the carrots and peppers is fine, but you want the onion soft.
4. Steam the green beans.
5. Brush olive oil onto the sea bass fillets and fry for a few minutes on each side.
6. Place fish on a serving plate, and cover with the sauce.
7. Serve, scoff ....