Wednesday, 17 August 2016
Cashew nut stir fry
Rice (basmati because that is what I had, should really have been jasmine or something)
Coconut oil (fries well at a high temperature)
Chinese rice wine
Oyster sauce (vegan)
Toasted sesame oil.
1. Prepare all the veg - peel etc and chop into even sized pieces. The list above is what I used because that's what we had - I would have added beansprouts, pak choi, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, lotus root if I had had any, but this was an English interpretation.
2. Cook rice by your preferred method - I use abrorption ie. cover rice in pan with 1 inch of water, bring to the boil, slam on lid, turn heat right down and leave ... but you could also bung it in the microwave.
3. In a wok/deep frying pan - melt the coconut oil, heat quite high, then add onions, garlic and ginger. Toss about a bit, then add the rest of the veg and the chili flakes, toss about a bit. Add wet seasonings and about half a cup of water, simmer for a few minutes.
4. Slake corflour in water, add to veg, stir in. Throw in cashew nuts, stir.
5. Serve, sprinkle with sesame seeds and drizzle lightly with sesame oil.