Saturday, 20 August 2016
Fish and chips
Gluten free flour
1. Cut potatoes into wedges, toss in olive oil and roast for 40 ish minutes.
2. Whisk egg into flour, season and whisk in soya milk to reach a thick, double cream consistency. Leave to stand while the potatoes roast.
3. 20 minutes in chop onion, put in a pan with a drop of olive oil. Add chopped beans and a cup of wine or water and simmer.
4. After 10 minutes - put olive oil and coconut oil in a large frying pan, and heat until hot.
5. Dredge the fish in the batter, and fry for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
6. Serve, scoff.
Delicious - the batter is gluten free and lactose free, so we could all enjoy it - it's light, but crisps up well.