Tuesday, 23 August 2016
Kangeroo steaks with cauliflower cheese
Cheese (I used 3 - cheddar, a goat's hard cheese and a french softer cheese)
1. Cut potatoes into chunks, roast in olive oil in a hot oven for about an hour.
2. Steam cauliflower.
3. Make sauce by boiling soya milk, seasoning, and mustard, then melt in the cheese. Slate cornflour in water, and add to thicken the sauce.
4. Chuck baby spinach into cauliflower in an oven dish, cover with sauce and bake for about 30 minutes.
5. Put olive oil on kangeroo steaks, and fry on each side for about 4 minutes - remove to rest.
6. Deglaze grill pan with red wine, to form a jus.
7. Serve, scoff ... yum